According to HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius the decision is a part of the Affordable Care Act’s move to stop problems before they start.
Pregnancy is a problem, formerly known as ‘Punishment’ by this President.
Here comes ObamaCare boys and girls. Remember. Government knows best, so SHUT UP.
Incidentally, that’s not all this new mandate covers as outlined in the HHS press release. Try this on for size…
- well-woman visits;
- screening for gestational diabetes;
- human papillomavirus (HPV) DNA testing for women 30 years and older;
- sexually-transmitted infection counseling;
- human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) screening and counseling;
- FDA-approved contraception methods and contraceptive counseling;
- breastfeeding support, supplies, and counseling; and
- domestic violence screening and counseling.