The Hill is reporting the number of temporary healthcare reform waivers granted by the Obama administration to organizations climbed to more than 1,000.
Secretary Sebilius and her HHS posted 126 new waivers on Friday, that makes it 1,040 organizations that have been granted a one-year exemption from a new coverage requirement included in the healthcare reform law enacted almost a year ago. I wonder if the CBO will issue yet another revision on the cost of Obamacare.
Here is a breakdown of the waivers and links to them. Most of the Multi-Employer Plans are Unions and contains the most employees.
- Self-Insured Employers (423)
- Health Reimbursement Arrangements (322)
- Multi-Employer Plans (237)
- Non-Taft Hartley Union Plans (23)
- Health Insurance Issuers (29)
- State-Mandated Policies (4)
- Association Plans (2)