What is the Republican platform this year? I keep waiting to hear it.
“We Suck Less” really doesn’t cut it, but that seems to be the mantra coming from most Republicans this year. Where is the bold agenda with fresh ideas or even tried and true old ideas?
The American people are horrified with the statist/socialist agenda that the Democrats are ramming down our throats and we’re ready for a Republican sweep in November, but to simply say that we’re not Democrats is a far cry from the visionary leadership that we crave.
Where is the boldness? Where is the courage?
Our friends at Trifecta are saying, if you run without a platform then even if you win you have no mandate to do anything. Bill Whittle says the platform should be to roll back everything that’s happened since January of 2009.
I don’t presume to speak for every American, but here’s the platform I would LOVE to hear from the Republicans:
- We’re going to take back the Auto Industry from the Unions and give it back to the original shareholders who were totally screwed by this President. Government should not be in the business of stealing industries and giving them to cronies.
- Obamacare is REPEALED. Period. We’re not going to sift through this pile of manure to look for nuggets of gold. We’ll repeal this monstrosity first, then launch a sensible plan of our own. Trial lawyers, beware.
- We’re cutting government by 10%, including social programs, but only 5% for the military. Oh, and by the way, Missile Defense is back. Nuclear disarmament? Not so much.
- Our official Foreign Policy position is that we don’t apologize to foreigners for sacrificing our men and women to protect the downtrodden and oppressed. If Barack Hussein Obama wishes to trot overseas to bow and apologize he is doing so as a private citizen. He does NOT represent the United States of America.
- Beer Summits, the only semi-decent idea this President has EVER had, will be held every Friday. They are mandatory.
- The border fence WILL be built. As a measure of compassion, we will employ illegals to build their side and Americans to build our side. Once the fence is done, so is illegal immigration. Any employer who wishes to get cheap labor will become cheap labor himself, making license plates for 10 cents an hour in the state penitentiary.
- There will be NO MOSQUE at Ground Zero.
- There will be no forgiveness for delinquent mortgages. Period.
- There will be no bailouts for profligate states, counties or other municipalities. Live within your means.
- The drilling ban in the Gulf of Mexico is hereby repealed and the tens of thousands that have lost their jobs as a result of this reckless policy can go back to work. We will compensate them for their losses out of ACORNs bank account.
- There will be NO Card Check.
- There WILL be a sensible Energy Policy that precludes the need to drill a mile deep. ANWR is Open for Business.
- Unionization of civil servants is hereby illegal. Federal Employees will contribute to their own retirement plans. They’re damn lucky to have one because most Americans don’t have a retirement plan.
- A full review of the salaries of all federal employees will be undertaken. Comparisons between federal salaries and their counterparts in the private sector will result in an equitable adjustment of those salaries.
- A full review of our Afghanistan policy will commence immediately. If it is shown that there is a unwillingness by this Administration to win this war outright, then all troops will be withdrawn immediately and any identifiable outposts of insurgents will be turned into charred remains forthwith.
- Starting immediately, you no longer need to remove your shoes, wallets, belts or underwire supported brassieres to board an aircraft.
- NASA is NOT a muslim outreach program. It’s a damned Space Agency.
- Slavery sucked. Get over it.
Pick and choose from this list or make one of your own. I don’t care. Just STAND FOR SOMETHING FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING THAT IS SACRED!!
And when you win remember that you will be under intense scutiny. This is your last ‘pass’. If you screw it up we will primary your sorry rear ends out of office in the next election cycle.